AHSBA results from event on Lake Lanier
The Amateur High School Bass Anglers competed this past Saturday, November 9 at Balus Creek on Lake Lanier. The senior high school division included 30 boats with anglers hauling in 59 fish for a total weight of 132.16 pounds.
Top 5 High School Division:
1. Owen Moss and Jackson Moss (both of Pickens HS) with 12.79 lbs
2. Cobey McWhorter and Christopher Wilson (both home schooled)
3. Gabe Futral (South Paulding HS) and Kooper Waldrop (Central Carroll HS)
4. Walker Meadows and TJ Justice (both of South Paulding HS)
5. Peyton Ray and Elijah Morris (both of Cartersville HS)
Big Fish -- 4.39 pounds -- Tyler Martin and AJ Martin (Cass HS and Cass MS)
The Middle School Junior Division included 16 boats with anglers collecting 12 fish weighing 30.26 pounds. Top 5 Junior Division: 1. Luke Sims and Jacob Layson with 10.04 lbs (both of Calhoun Middle) 2. Charlie Ward and Konner Peek - also had big fish @ 4.87 lbs (both of Cedartown Middle) 3. Brody Bohn (Cartersville Middle) 4. Logan Bentley and Mason Williams (both of Woodland Middle) 5. Dalton Mealer (Adairsville Middle) and Jett Strickland (Calhoun Middle)
The next AHSBA tournament will be February 29 out of Gatewood Park on Lake Allatoona.